Tokyo — TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION (TMC) announced today development of the "Winglet", a personal transport assistance robot ridden in a standing position.
The Winglet—still being refined—is one of TMC's people-assisting Toyota Partner Robots. Designed to contribute to society by helping people enjoy a safe and fully mobile life, the Winglet is a compact next-generation everyday transport tool that offers advanced ease of use and expands the user's range of mobility.
...
TMC aims to realize the practical use of Toyota Partner Robots in the early 2010s by furthering its robotic development and strengthening collaboration between industry, government and academia.
Wow! very nice and I personally think its better design than Segway's version. Hope they will be able to compete in price too! Can't wait its available. I'll be very interested to understand to friendly its to operate one of this gadget. I understand Segway's uses body force, e.g. lining forward to move forward and stand still to stop.
You may download the press released here
Source from 'Japan Times Online'
No comments:
Post a Comment